Wednesday, January 10, 2007

FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Just in case you didn't know, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer is coming out in theaters June 15, 2007 (but if you are here reading this post you probably already knew this). I have known that this movie was coming for quite some time now but what got me really excited was the first preview for the movie. Check it out here at quicktime trailers website. I have to admit that I don't know too much about Silver Surfer, basically I knew that he was all silver and rode around on a surf board; but after seeing the preview, I caught the Silver Surfer wave. I'll give you the basic run down from Marvel.com:

Silver Surfer:

One of the noblest and most tormented cosmic entities in the universe, the Silver Surfer treasures freedom above all else, but has often sacrificed his liberty for the greater good.

The Silver Surfer wields "the power cosmic," absorbing and manipulating the universe's ambient cosmic energies. He can augment his strength to incalculable levels, and is almost totally indestructible. He can navigate space, hyperspace and dimensional barriers, and can fly at near-limitless speeds on his board, entering hyperspace when he exceeds light speed.

This is only the tip of the iceberg when it come to the Surfer. You can read more about him here. I really hope that the movie does well, if the preview is any indication of what the movie will be like (it should be, that's the whole point of a movie trailer) I think it will do well. At least it will be cool to watch a guy fly through the air on a board, like a glorified Back to the Future hover board. I will try and update the blog with any major news or reviews I find about the movie.


Technorati Technorati tags: ,

1 Comment:

  1. Lee said...
    He's going to overshadow the Fantastic four in this film - I would not be surprised if he gets his own film afterwards.

    I'm really hoping they do a great job with Galactus - now you're starting to get into some hardcore comic book material!!!

Post a Comment