Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My Super Disappointment

Well that is 95 minutes that I am never going to get back. I just finished watching the movie "My Super Ex-Girlfriend," I thought that since it was super hero related that it was worth watching, boy was I wrong. It's like they took the scripts of all the old superman movies and the scripts from Scary Movies 1, 2 and 3, put them in a blender, hit puree, poured it out and called it My Super Ex-Girlfriend. This movie is a perfect example of why I created this blog, some people just don't get it. I don't know if the people that produced this movie were trying to jump on the super hero movie train or what; "NEWS FLASH, you got on the wrong train!!"

There are just some many things that I could talk about to "save the world" from this movie, but I don't even know where to begin. Looking at the main theme of the movie, the theme of being a super hero and being in a relationship, let's look at some prime example of these two thing don't mix. 1) What was Superman's icy hideout called the "Fortress of Solitude." 2) How many seats in the Batmobile are there? One, and when there's two that seat's for Robin. 3) Spiderman got married to Gwen Stacey and we all know what happened to her. Being a super hero and being in a relationship just doesn't work, so basing an entire movie on this topic no wonder it turned out the way it did. Now don't get me wrong there are exceptions to every rule, including this one; just look at Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic) and Susan Storm (Invisible Women) they got married and everything is working out fine for them, but you have to remember that they are both super heroes putting them both on the same playing field.

If you haven't seen it don't; if you have, well, I'm sorry.

Technorati Technorati tags: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment