Thursday, February 22, 2007

Shedding Some Light on the Dark Knight

The LA Daily News made a brief mention that the Batman Begins sequel, The Dark Knight, will begin filming in April; the film is deep in pre-production right now. They asked director Christopher Nolan what his reasons were behind casting Christian Bale (Batman) in three films (Batman Begins, The Prestige, The Dark Knight), Nolan said "Christian has got a very, very extreme form of intensity that comes across on the screen." I though that was very interesting.

In other Batman news, Maggie Gyllenhaal will be the new leading lady in the Dark Knight, replacing Katie Holmes as the hotshot lawyer. I found this from Lee's blog Quit Your Day Job. Lee talks about if Maggie's character ends up being more of a "damsel in distress" role, just taking up precious screen time what's the point. And I totally agree with him, to me a movie is so much more exciting when the hero is try to save the world from evil domination rather save the girl who happened to get mixed up with the villain. I know that I have talk about this in other posts (particularly with this film), but I still do not under stand why actors refuse to continue playing their role in sequels. To me it's like me going into work for three days a week and then having someone else coming in to finish off the week, life just doesn't work that way and neither should movies. If I had the power the make the decision, I would leave the Katie Holmes character completely out, especially if the character is just going to be some marginal part in the plot. Do it right or don't do it at all, that's what I say.

Technorati Technorati tags: , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment